Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Christian Pulisic: The hurt won't go away until I'm in a World Cup with U.S.



Christian Pulisic has told ESPN FC in an exclusive interview at Borussia Dortmund's winter training camp in Marbella that the "devastating" pain of missing out on the World Cup with the United States will be with him forever.

"It'll never really go away," he said. "I don't think [the hurt] is ever going to completely go away until I'm in a World Cup."

Pulisic has, however, tried to overcome the crushing disappointment of failure to qualify for Russia 2018 by concentrating on his club performances with Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund.

"It took me some time, but I moved on, of course, and I think that's really important," he added. "If anything, it's given me a bigger platform to just focus on at club level and do what I can here, without that in my brain."

The most gifted U.S. player of his generation admitted he is still coming to terms with the burden of being considered the national team's talisman and most important figure.

"I would say that the expectations some Americans put on me is too much," he said. "But I don't take it that way. I know no one means harm to me or wants to put too much pressure on me. It's kind of what they've done or do in the past. A lot of countries do."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Coming soon...

About